The year 2017 is going to be a year of hope and thanksgiving, particularly for Raphael. The Lord has been really gracious; watching him all the way here. At the turn of the new year, it seems appropriate to recount all the little victories that Raphael has gained since he was found having multiple brain cysts (dead brain cells) at birth.
"If God is for us, who can be against us?"
"Be bold, Be strong, for the Lord your God is with you"
"With God, all things are possible"
God has never let me be tempted beyond my capacity. Although at times all things seems dark, I feel so weary physically and emotionally, and even times when I feel that this path is too difficult to go on, He will carry me on His shoulder. God has led me to Leonid, the founder of ABR, which has been Raphael’s sole therapy exercise for the last 14 years.
Recounts of some of the many blessings:
1. From 50% hip subluxation when he was 2 to normal hip when he reaches 7. Total avoidance of any surgery
2. From doctor wanting to do botox injection for his spastic legs at the age of 2 to continuously improved legs without any botox injection or medical procedure. The avoidance of surgery, medical procedure or drugs have contributed greatly to his overall healthy and physical and emotional well being.
3. From total inability to listen to more than one line of story reading to ability to focus and study in Junior high now.
4. From uncontrollable laughing or crying to much better general behaviour in social interaction
5. From extreme strabismus (his other eye ball used to roll all the way in till it almost disappear whenever he turns his head to the side) to almost non-existing strabismus now
6. From ability to utter only single sound to now ability to sing and speak in long sentences
7. From sitting with one arm support and inability to balance himself when he lost his balance to now ability to write, eat and do all kinds of activities when he is sitting on the stool.
8. From moving himself by hopping with one limb and the rest of the body 'gliding' through the air to now ability to crawl contra-laterally
9. From being dead weight during transfer from position to position, to being able to transfer himself smoothly and with control
10.From complete inversion of foot, which made it virtually impossible to wear shoe, to now ability to place his foot flat on the ground.
The list can go on and on. Ten seems like a good number for me to end the list. So the year 2017 begins with great magnitude of gratitude and thanksgiving in my heart, and hope for greater things to come in the coming year.